I took a picture of this grumpy looking fella on my last trip to the zoo. I did this drawing in colored pencil in my everyday sketchbook. My intention was to do this again using more textured paper. If you click on the picture you can see the full-sized scan. Unfortunately I can never manage to adjust the color to match color pencil when I scan. His expression comes through though and I think I nailed it well.
Sarah tagged me last week. I am now revealing my seven random things. Here goes:
- I still can’t tell the difference between a Firebird and a Camaro.
- I don’t have a cell phone. In fact, I still use a dial phone.
- My favorite movie decade: 1940s!
- I flunked Drawing 101 in college.
- About 10 years ago I got a sudden anxiety about crossing bridges. I couldn’t cross by foot or bike. This proved difficult because our city is split down the middle by a river. I eventually got over it, but I never figured out what triggered it.
- I own 5 pairs of shoes (six if you count slippers).
- My favorite breakfast cereal is Apple Jacks.
I’m behind in my tags. I have one more that I am embarrassed to realize I got in February. What happened to March? Now April is almost over! Sheesh!
Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate the support and all of your lovely comments. My drawing is really improving and I know it’s because I’m feeling more confident in my ability. I have you lovely readers to thank for that! Bye for now.